Kelly Services Technician I in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Location: Wilmington, Ma
Both part-time and full-time positions available!
Perform routine animal husbandry and other production duties. Maintain supplies and environment of environmentally-controlled work area(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform routine animal husbandry duties and monitor daily health and welfare to maintain quality and health of animals.
• Handle, transfer, and distribute animals, supplies and waste as needed to and from work area(s).
• Perform physical environment housekeeping duties and production operations according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Maintain recordkeeping pertaining to equipment operation, animal or supply area inventories.
• Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain the isolator and/or barrier room barrier.
• Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines. Perform all job-related duties in accordance with company safety procedures.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
• Experience: Six to twelve months related experience and exposure to animal husbandry.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Regularly required to utilize a computer/tablet.
• Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly required to stand and ascend/descend rolling platform stairs (up to six steps) to perform all tasks and procedures related to the job.
• Regularly transports supplies, removes waste, and/or laboratory equipment while ascending/descending rolling platform stairs (up to six steps).
• Regularly positions self (stoop, crouch, squat, sit, reach) to access and inspect small models and be able to assess their conditions and environment from various distances.
• Regularly lifts and/or moves equipment and materials weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves equipment and materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
• May occasionally lift and/or move equipment and materials weighing 30-50 pounds, and equipment and materials weighing over 50 pounds with assistance.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to differentiate colors.
• Regularly works with chemicals that require the use of respirators. Medical clearance is required prior to using respirators.
• Regularly works in high, precarious places and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
• Regularly wears protective clothing and equipment (scrubs, lab coat, safety glasses, gloves respirator and surgical masks).
• Regularly works with live animals with risk of exposure to allergens and/or zoonotic diseases(s).
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.