Kelly Services Senior Executive Communications Manager - Troy, MI in Troy, Michigan
Kelly Services, Inc., a $5.4 billion world leader in workforce management services and human resources solutions, seeks a Senior Executive Communications Manager to be based at our HQ in Troy, Michigan.
This individual will provide guidance to executives and senior leaders in creating clear and compelling communications that connect, influence and align target audiences with Kelly’s strategic business strategy, goals and change initiatives. The Senior Manager’s work product will drive a positive culture throughout the organization, help attract and retain colleagues, and sustain and improve employee engagement. Depending on the assignment, the Senior Manager may choose to create presentations, videos, web and print articles, Town Halls, or other types of internal and external communication vehicles to achieve the desired objectives.
The Senior Manager will work closely with Kelly executives and senior leaders to ensure that communications are timely, relevant, accurate, and aligned with Kelly’s business strategy and goals. This individual’s work product will be an integral part of a larger communication strategy that supports the business in a formal, codified fashion that can be reviewed, analyzed, measured, and refined annually. The Senior Manager will contribute heavily to this larger strategy and its execution. This position has one direct report, a Corporate Communications Analyst.
Develop and execute strategic communications
· Collaborate with executive and senior leadership to plan, direct and implement communication strategies that support and advance Kelly’s organizational goals.
· Develop and lead communication strategies that align Kelly colleagues around key functional priorities and change initiatives.
· Collaborate with Global Marketing and other teams to build a storytelling culture throughout the organization that embraces new ways to tell Kelly’s story.
· Drive innovative, creative programs that engage colleagues through a variety of traditional and new communication channels.
· Develop communication strategies that support and promote Kelly’s new brand and identity strategies with our internal and external audiences.
· Collaborate across the enterprise to ensure consistency of messaging and to maximize the repurposing of existing materials.
· Measure the effectiveness of Kelly’s communication channels to create momentum and awareness, as well as to test the ROI of specific communication activities.
Develop and execute internal and external executive communications
· Work directly with executive and senior staff members, serving as a trusted advisor to develop clear, compelling communications that support Kelly’s strategic goals, vision, and desired culture.
· Assist other Corporate Communications staff in drafting speeches, articles, talking points, letters, emails, digital content, and other executive communications pieces, as required.
· Leverage a strong understanding of Kelly’s business models, priorities, and strategy to support executives’ communication efforts.
· As requested, provide coaching and feedback to executives on communication style and tone to ensure alignment with executive development goals and business priorities.
· Develop and execute an annual executive communications strategy with numerous internal/external elements (leadership messages, videos, articles, blogs, op-eds, speaking engagements, etc.). Produce an editorial calendar with timing, and demonstrable and measurable baseline goals for 2019 and each subsequent year thereafter.
· Support executive and senior staff members in the development of multi-dimensional communication strategies and story lines for external and internal audiences. Make recommendations to enhance the public image of Kelly, its executives and its officers.
Coach and manage Corporate Communications Analyst
· Assign and provide guidance and feedback on projects, including videos, leadership messages, and communications activities.
· Provide ongoing feedback on professional growth opportunities and areas for improvement.
Research, propose and develop new communication channels through which to disseminate corporate messaging
· Propose and implement creative strategies for using communications to drive engagement and a positive culture throughout the organization.
· Research new communication channels and emerging technologies in the communications field and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop recommendations for application at Kelly.
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a similar field. Master’s Degree a plus.
· 10-12 years of experience in Corporate Communications, Business Communications, Executive Communications, Journalism, Speechwriting, Public Relations, or Advocacy.
About Kelly Services®
As a global leader in providing workforce solutions, Kelly Services (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) and its subsidiaries, offer a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Kelly® has a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe by employing 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through its talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
EOE including but not limited to Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.