Kelly Services Field Engineer, Frac in Tomball, Texas
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
The Field Engineer provides technical support and customer contact in the field. The selected candidate may prepare frac designs, write and present technical reports for management, prepare and coordinate operational strategies and objectives for the district. The Field Engineer will assist the District Engineer in technical fleet operations. Usually assigned to a specific fleet, but based on experience level, the selected candidate may float to other fleets to offer additional support when needed. The engineer will oversee and help maintain chemical inventories and pumping equipment as needed to successfully pump a job. The engineer will perform QC/QA daily while on shift, provide leadership from a quality and safety standpoint, and provide clear and concise communication to the customer and all other interested parties.
· Preparing frac designs, including fluids, prop-pant, volumes, and additives based on a basic open hole log review and/or pump schedules
· Performing advanced tasks with data acquisition software and hydraulic fracturing pumps, blenders, and hydration units
· Providing on-site computer modeling (FracPro or Meyers) and data acquisition software support (will train as required)
· Performing net pressure, observed net pressure, and measured bottom hole pressure analysis using FracPro (will train as required)
· Understanding and monitoring pressure matching in FracPro or Meyers and recommending changes (will train as required)
· Maintaining real-time mass balance data on proppant and fracturing additives
· Preparing and distributing post job reports and post well hydraulic fracturing summaries
· Performing tasks to ensure quality assurance of all on-site materials
· Performing tasks to track material delivery rates for quality control
· Communicating with on-site customers in a professional manner
· Performing tasks for an on-site water analysis
· Performing advanced tasks with the Excel Job Packet
· Providing technical support and training for Stimulation Supervisors, Fluid Technicians, and Operators
· Providing additional support for multiple fleets when needed
· Rig up/down backside equipment as needed and learn how to run and troubleshoot.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent STEM is preferred
· Experience in or knowledge of Process Engineering is a plus
· Experience within Fracturing is an asset.
· Must have strong computer skills with a strong knowledge of Windows and Data Acquisition software
· Working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, technical skill, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
· Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and external contacts
· Must be able to learn company-specific applications
· Must have a satisfactory driving record
Willing to work overtime.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.