Kelly Services EHS Specialist in Tomball, Texas
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
POSITION TITLE: EHS Specialist
The EHS Specialist will fill a role under supervision for the assigned tasks to support the full EHS & Quality and Reliability Tomball staff. The Specialist will support EHS & Q IT systems (Sync and Orbcomm), edit and prepare controlled documentation and manage all content that is uploaded to EHS & Quality Registries.
• The Specialist will understand all BJ Services’s controlled documentation, use of IT systems both EHS&Q and others (Workday, LMS, BDX) and all EHSQ Registries (ISNet, PEC, PICS, Rigup, etc.)
• The adimistrator will develop expertise in Sync Reporting and Dashboard support.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Technical writing certificate is preferred
• Administration certificate is preferred
• Entry level or above – at least one year of providing administrative support
• Familiarity with EHS Registries
• Familiar with Microsoft tools – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• EHSQ Reporting Platform experience is preferred
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
• Problem recognition and solving skills
• Highly motivated
CRITICAL TASKS / PERFORMANCE GOALS:
• Administration or all EHS Registries – up to date and monitored daily
• Preparation of documentation for approval (proofing, editing grammar, formatting, etc.)
• Develop expert knowledge of EHS & Quality Systems (Sync, Orbcomm, etc.)
• Develop user level support for other systems (BDX, LMS, Workday, etc.)
• Manages Tomball EHS purchasing of supplies
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
• Monday to Friday 8-5 work hours
• Willing to work overtime
• Desk work primarily although some light lifting involved ( <20 lbs)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.