Kelly Services Quality Engineer in Syracuse, New York
Quality Engineer, Syracuse, NY
As a Quality Engineer you will provide technical expertise to implement structured problem solving and continuous improvement. You will collaborate with operations, manufacturing engineering, planning, purchasing, design engineering and program management to ensure that quality requirements are understood and applied.
Job Title : Quality Engineer
Work Location : Syracuse, NY
Projected Duration : 03/12/2018- 02/28/2019, Depending on workload and performance
Shift : 8 hour days / 5 days a week
Pay Rate : $35 to $42 an hour, Dependent on Experience
Type : Contract
· Coordinate and lead efforts to solve complex problems that will require involvement with customers, suppliers, plant manufacturing, foundries, and assembly operations
· Act as liaison between customers, company and suppliers to solve concerns and problems
· Request, monitor and confirm supplier corrective actions
· Lead and/or participate in continuous process improvements
· Where necessary, with the generation of control plans/Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), responses to corrective actions and overall development efforts
· Provide input and/or approval for procedures, quality bulletins, and work instructions
· Provide front-line engineering support (e.g., provide clear direction, make decisions) for manufacturing operations to ensure consistent application of quality techniques
· Work closely with product support engineering to understand and resolve customer complaints and concerns
· Routinely apply statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for quality improvements
· Summarize data, draw conclusions, and turn recommendations into clear communications to be distributed to all levels of the organization
· Work with quality control lead to develop innovative product verification techniques that ensure consistent output quality, maximize process velocity, and minimize program costs
· Provide disposition and facilitate concessions for nonconforming outputs as part of the material review board
· Lead corrective action teams and participate in management review meeting.
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
· 5 years of experience working in Quality Engineering
· Experience with performing metrology inspections
· Strong structured problem solving experience and the ability to apply analytical skills
· Experience with ATEX and ISO 9001: 2015 certification
· Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
· Detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
· Strong communication skills and able to work well with people across multiple functions
· Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, presentation development, etc.
Please APPLY, if interested.
After applying to the position, follow up with me by email or phone, John Wisner, Kelly Services Engineering Recruiter, at 630.424.3622, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm