Kelly Services Electronics Technician - Maintenance & Reliability in Statesville, North Carolina
Electronics Technician - Maintenance & Reliability
Maintains all of the electrical/electronic equipment in the facility. This includes troubleshooting, installing, repairing, and general servicing of various machinery. Responsible for maintaining acceptable uptime, limiting unscheduled downtime and acceptable quality of product.
Performs all tasks in a safe manner, wearing required PPE and following all safety regulations.
Experience with the Microsofts Word and Excel software
Review work orders with resource as they are received, ask for clarification and confer with the requestor for additional clarification when needed.
Originate and process emergency work orders when necessary.
Use computer system to find needed parts for repairs.
Troubleshoot, repair, and install all kinds of electrical distribution equipment, such as transformers, motors, breakers, starter, and switches.
Troubleshoot an inoperable machine or piece of equipment. Work may involve installing, servicing, replacing, and/or repairing any machine or equipment plant-wide, with or without schematics.
Calibrate electronic and pneumatic instruments.
Locate areas of electrical trouble by using amp meter, multi-meters, or megger.
Replace electrical equipment in generators, electric motors, and controllers.
Test, energize, and repair different types of circuits.
Ability to interpret, troubleshoot ad occasionally modify PLC programs
Train new electronics technicians.
Maintain written documentation of electrical maintenance work performed.
General cleaning to maintain clean work areas.
Shift to shift communication and with the rest of the maintenance team.
Ability to work day or night shift, as needed
Test, tune, troubleshoot, and program a wide variety of variable frequency drives.
*Must have experience with PLC programs
1) Ability to stand and walk 12 hours or more a day on concrete, solid metal or corrugated metal surfaces to perform
2) Employee must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts.
3) Ability to sit while driving and operating material handling equipment 1- 3 hours per shift.
4) Ability to sit while entering data into computers, reviewing data, completing reports, etc.
5) Ability to push a wheeled cart filled with scrap, weighing up to 400 lbs., through manufacturing area
6) Employee must be able to climb, bend, stoop and crawl.
7) Employee must be able to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly.
8) Required to frequently ascend and descend up to three flights of stairs over extremely fast moving machinery.
9) Required to safely access fast moving machinery which includes rolls with inward nip points.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1) Area may or may not be air conditioned or heated, and may be humid and hot or cold depending on seasonal conditions.
2) Exposure to hot and/or abrasive surfaces.
3) Required to be in tight spaces on occasion and to heights daily.
4) Possible exposure to noise levels over 90 decibels for 12 hours at certain locations.
5) Moving machinery or moving objects on production floor.
6) Floor surfaces slippery at times.
7) Exposure to chemicals which may cause eye or skin irritation and/or burns, and irritation to respiratory system.
8) Exposure to static electricity on occasion.
9) Exposure to and use of sharp implements at times.
10) Exposure to outside elements on occasion.
- Mental Abilities
1) Ability to make decisions regarding work priorities.
2) Ability to read charts and document numbers and events on paper and in computer.
3) Ability to read electrical indicators and laboratory equipment indicators.
4) Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
5) Ability to interact with digital and basic computerized record & control systems.
Associatws Degree in Industrial Electronics or equivalent
Six Sigma Certification (Black or Green) and TPM preferred, not required
5+ years of manufacturing experience in an electronics maintenance or reliability role
Permanent Opportunity for the right individual!
Why Kelly ® ?
Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.