Kelly Services Technical Operations Manager in Santa Rosa, California
Technical Operations Manager
Santa Rosa, CA
Kelly IT Resources is currently looking for a Technical Operations Manager to work directly in a permanent position, for an exciting Santa Rosa, CA based company that provides a full range of technical services to local small and medium sized businesses—The Technical Operations Manager will run point as the team leader, client/IT liaison, leadership extraordinaire!
The Technical Operations Manager is the perfect leadership position for someone who loves working directly with customers, has a passion for solving technical problems with and through others, has a continuous improvement mindset, and thrives in a fast-pasted and dynamic environment. If working for a small local office, leading a team of skilled technicians focused on helping small to mid-sized businesses perform better, grow faster, and achieve more by leveraging technology sounds appealing to you, we’d love to hear from you! The Technical Operations Manager has accountability for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Company IT business to ensure the highest standard of customer success. This includes all aspects of the helpdesk, technical team, and associated operations. They are responsible for managing and achieving results through others; coordinating all customer projects from development to installation and maintenance; and acts as liaison between clients, vendors, and technicians. In addition, they shape strategic business decisions by providing technical leadership and establishing operational priorities and continuous improvement goals at the business-wide level.
Technical Operations Manager Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of technicians in an organized, efficient, and empowering manner to achieve utilization and customer success goals.
• Ensure all customers receive exemplary customer service and receive a positive experience.
• Promote a Service culture within the technical team to build long-term relationships with customers.
• Provide technical and operational leadership to achieve or exceed number of hours for project work, team utilization targets, and profitability of managed service clients.
• Management and oversight of Service Desk operation (tickets) including meeting and providing monthly reporting on Ticket related KPI’s, including meeting SLA first response criteria and customer satisfaction on ticket resolution.
• Be accountable for all aspects of the technical services and solutions delivered to customers.
• Oversee and develop project requirements, outlines, budgets (time requirements), and schedules for all customer projects.
• Ensure projects are completed within budget (labor costs) and on time (within time communicated to customer).
• Technician scheduling.
• Proactively manage customer communications, and maintain visibility and status for all customer projects and associated metrics.
• Manage Business relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• Identify and implement improvements to business processes and operational procedures to enable increased efficiencies and productivity.
• Proactively manage all service contracts, service levels, customer satisfaction, and associated actions. • Establish weekly and monthly cadence to ensure all admin tasks associated with Operations completed in timely fashion.
• Prepare for future growth through hiring and developing skilled technicians.
• Stay abreast of technology trends, research and provide recommendations for new products and services to offer customers to meet their business needs
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Five plus years of leadership experience, preferably in IT management with emphasis on customer service and staff development.
• A College Degree in Engineering, computer science or related field, preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the direct management of technology projects, preferably in an MSP environment, with responsibility for customer site analysis, budget control, estimating, design and development coordination and project scheduling.
• Experienced technician with business networks, including installation of new servers, switches and firewalls, preferred.
• Must be highly collaborative and effective working across a wide array of team members’ customers, partners, and vendors.
• Ability to work with very little supervision.
• Working knowledge of Autotask and Kaseya, a plus.
• Strong attention to details.
• Must exhibit strong initiative and desire to achieve results and exceed expectations;
• Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships.
• Excellent organization and time management/multi-tasking skills (comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced professional environment, operating at both operational and tactical levels).
• Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills (written and verbal).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
• Possess effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills (both customer and technician conflict).
• Ability to learn new products and systems.
• Must be able to successfully lead a team of technicians in an organized, efficient, and empowering manner to achieve utilization and customer success goals.
• Must be able to prioritize/re-prioritize personnel and own tasks as needed, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues/customer deadlines.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.