Kelly Services Design Electrical Engineer/Technician in Round Lake, Illinois
Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 9+ month, long term contract opportunity as an Electrical Technician II for a top fortune 500 company in Medina, NY
Title: Electrical Technician/Engineer- Medical Device
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Round Lake, IL
Work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel. Apply basic and some advanced techniques and procedures to assigned projects.
· Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments. Perform detailed analyses and tests. Assist in compiling observations, analyzing data and interpreting results
· Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies
· May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols. May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed
· Perform simple troubleshooting and calibration of instrumentation
· Work with electrical engineers in the design of new electrical equipment, parts, components
· Assemble and test experimental electrical & mechanical parts or make changes according to an engineer's instructions
· Expert level proficiency at soldering and rework of fine pitch surface mount parts.
· Proficient at mechanical assembly and disassembly of sensitive mechanical instruments.
Proficient with proper use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, arbitrary waveform generators, power supplies, and digital multi-meters.
· Verify analog and digital electronic circuits for multiple micro-controller based system
· Participate in design reviews.
· Assist engineers in design of electronic circuits for micro-controller based electro-mechanical medical devices.
· Assist engineers in design of sensing systems and associated circuits required for sensor operation
· Verification of circuit designs through the use of test equipment and data analysis as needed.
· Documentation of the designs and all procedures and data from tests related to the design.
· Circuit analysis, test, and trouble-shooting.
· Must have excellent documentation practices and be willing and able to follow Baxter’s documentation procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Thorough knowledge of technical concepts
· Strong background in computers, math and electronic designs.
· Detail-oriented and able to think critically about possible solutions to problems.
· Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and layout
· Solid understanding of and capable of debugging electronic printed circuit boards
Ability to work in groups with other engineers.
· Ability to handle multiple task assignments with minimal supervision to ensure customer needs are met.
· Demonstrate skills in test method development, test fixture design and development, data analysis and report writing.
· Ability to perform basic statistical analysis and make recommendations to engineers.
· Demonstrates expertise in particular functional area.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· A.S/A.A.S. Degree in a technical field of study is preferred.
· 5+ years experience in related field.
· Electro-mechanical experience in the area of control circuits and component specification is desired.
· Experience with fine pitch surface mount technology.
· Familiarity with medical device industry practices (GDP, design verification, etc)
· Familiarity with FDA and/or ISO-9000 design requirements is preferred.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Kaitlyn Katt ( email@example.com at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ) for immediate consideration.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
Several employee discounts
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.