Kelly Services Business Analyst / Report Writer in Round Lake, Illinois
Report Writer/Business Analyst
PLEASE NOTE: Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship!
Pay Rate = Based on Experience
Hours/Type = Full-Time/Contract – W2
Duration: 6 Months (with possibility of extension))
Shift/Days/Hours: Standard/M – F
The Business Analyst will be responsible for developing and delivering report writing and business analytics services to support the decision-making processes of the Global Supply Chain.
Job duties will include the identification, specification, validation, and delivery of standard and custom reports.
The position will utilize a number of reporting applications including Cognos Business Intelligence and Tableau, which primarily sources data from the Global Supply Chain Database.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Management Information Systems, or present an equivalent amount of schooling and work experience.
• A minimum 2-3 years of providing analytics to leadership roles
• Must be experienced in working with report requests; including meeting with report requestors to resolve questions about pending report requests and developing appropriate validation processes for reports.
• Most possess strong written and oral communication skills; with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills working with user and technical issues.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Product Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio )
• Experience in reading and writing SQL code is a plus
• Experience with Cognos, Tableau is a plus
• Experience with scorecard development , including integration of target and benchmark data sources is preferred.
• The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team, with tight deadlines is required.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Triages user report requests from business customers by determining the necessary criteria to develop an effective report, determines appropriate reporting tools, and writes the report in conjunction with the input of the customer.
• Performs testing and reconciliation on completed report products to ensure accuracy of reporting products while demonstrating knowledge of business influences that can affect reporting outcomes.
• Coordinates reporting needs with internal database and Cognos administrators to develop additional reporting data sources and enhanced reporting tools for customer self-service.
• Participates in meetings with customer community on reporting priorities, development of organizational reporting packages, and coordination of future business reporting needs.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.