Kelly Services Psychiatric Genomics Program Manager - NIH - Rockville, MD in Rockville, Maryland
Psychiatric Genomics Program Manager * NIH * Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Psychiatric Genomics Program Manager to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD .
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com at http://www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com/
TASKS. The contractor shall:
(1) Provide technical leadership and guidance in a major subject matter area related to research covered by the Office of Genomics Research Coordination.
(2) Stimulate, plan, advise, direct, and evaluate program activities for a portfolio of research projects, research program and other grants/awards, cooperative agreements, and/or contracts in assigned program area.
(3) Provide expert consultative services to investigators planning and carrying out research grant proposals, applicants for research grants, other Government agencies, etc., to promote and explain the objectives of the research grant program.
(4) Conduct portfolio analysis, identify opportunities and problem areas, research gaps and relevant program needs; make recommendations for and facilitate new research efforts, clinical studies, or other initiatives.
(5) Coordinate the use of various support mechanisms to achieve a balanced program within approved resources and established objectives of the Office.
(6) Perform ongoing analysis of published research and the alignment of the genomics portfolio with the NIMH Strategic Plan.
(7) Prepare written summaries and presentations of scientific and research publications and grant portfolios.
(8) Formulate and present new basic, translational and clinical research concepts, projects and initiatives to appropriate advisory groups; formulate and develop Funding Opportunity Announcements to achieve objectives.
(9) Develop complex terms and conditions for research projects with special emphasis on clinical recruitment and data and biomaterials sharing.
(10) Provide scientific and programmatic oversight for the NIMH Human Genetics Initiative, in which data and biomaterials (DNA, cell lines) are widely distributed to the scientific community; participate in administration of NIMH Repository and data access committees.
(11) Conceptualize, plan and organize workshops and conferences; prepare meeting reports.
(12) Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
(13) Coordinate the scientific and technical management of cooperative agreements within assigned program area.
(14) Oversee and conduct programmatic review of progress reports; complete checklists and memo for administrative management of grant applications throughout their life cycle.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Ph.D. in Biology, Neuroscience, Genetics/Genomics, or closely related discipline.
(2) Minimum of three (3) years of related experience with emphasis in Genetics, Neuroscience, or Neuropsychiatry.
(3) Experience with genomics
(4) Experience with government grants management and review processes.
(5) Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
(6) Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
(7) Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm