Kelly Services Ph.D. Biologist - Drug Discovery - NIH - Rockville, MD in Rockville, Maryland
Ph.D. Biologist - Drug Discovery * NIH * Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Ph.D. Biologist to work with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com at http://www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com/
TASKS/SERVICES : The contractor shall:
(1) Independently propose new probe development projects in oncology and other biology areas
(2) Independently propose novel assay technologies and innovations that have the potential to improve the process of drug discovery
(3) Develop and optimize biochemical and cell-based assays for fully automated robotic screening in 384- and 1536-well format.
(4) Learn cell imaging instrumentation and apply to assays and screens; learn how to use cell imaging software analysis
(5) Analyze the experimental results and organize them into tables and figures with Prism Plot or other data analysis/visualization software like Spotfire.
(6) Evaluate new technologies and instruments resulting in proposals for new screening strategies and novel assay formats.
(7) Search existing literature; propose, design and test alternative assays for difficult screening targets.
(8) Confirm assay results and determine EC50/specificity for primary active samples; develop secondary assays for follow up; communicate results to facilitate small molecule probe development.
(9) Operate liquid dispensing systems (Aurora FRD, Kalypsys dispenser and pintool, CyBio CybiWell, PE Evolution P3) and multimodal detectors/plate readers (Tecan Safire, PE ViewLux, PE EnVision).
(10) Maintain and update laboratory notebooks and equipment.
(11) Write experiment reports and prepare manuscripts for publication in collaboration with other investigators.
(12) Independently co-write grant applications with NIH intramural as well as extramural academic investigators
(13) Prepare oral presentations and posters for internal and external groups/conferences.
(14) Propose, design and test assays to allow for a secondary profiling and utilization of probe candidates.
(15) Propose and investigate new target projects for initiation based on novelty and relevance to human health.
(16) Provide timely updates to assay providers; send summaries by email; conduct periodical teleconferences to discuss issues and coordinate actions.
REQUIREMENTS : The contractor must have:
(1) Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, or a related relevant discipline and 3-5 years of postgraduate research
(2) Experience with basic molecular and cellular techniques, cell culture (cell lines, primary cells, and stem cells), plasmid construction, working with lentivirus or other transduction techniques, and fluorescence microscopy
(3) Skill in maintaining accurate and detailed records of laboratory experiments.
(4) Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
(5) Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
(6) Ability to multi-task, set priorities and pay close attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm