Kelly Services Process Operator- Rochester NY 14850 in Rochester, New York
Process Operator- Rochester NY 14850
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Monitor material flow or instruments such as temperature or pressure gauges, indicators, or meters and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal processing conditions.
• Conduct tests and periodic inspections of process equipment for malfunctions, hazards, and leaks.
• Set-up and operate controls to regulate process equipment machines and automated control systems.
• Record and maintain logs of instrument readings, test results and shift production notes in computer database.
• Use trouble shooting skills to diagnose and resolve process/equipment problems.
• Perform basic repairs on process equipment and piping and keep track of periodic maintenance records.
• Collect, examine, and weigh product samples for laboratory analysis.
• Routine maintenance of the lab itself, associated lab / pilot plant equipment, waste management as well as cleaning of production area, equipment and tools.
Desired Education, Work Experience, and Personal Attributes
• Associates Applied Science degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field preferred.
• 1 or more years of experience working with hazardous materials and/or in a continuous operation environment.
• Hands-on experience with Swagelok fittings, pumps, reactors, distillation equipment, heaters/chillers and experience with air-sensitive chemistry preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working and complying with environmental, health and safety standards.
• Proficient with computers; experience with Microsoft Office, database management and purchasing/receiving programs.
• Track record of reliability and attendance.
• Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a collaborative, team environment.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm