Kelly Services Electronic Technician IV in Red Deer, Canada
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
The Electronic Technician is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the electronic components of Fracturing Services and Pressure Pumping equipment such as the Hydration Unit, Chemical Additive Unit, Blender Equipment, Frac Pump, Stimulation Van, Sand Storage and Transport along with Cementing Units.
Red Deer, AB
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain, troubleshoot, calibrate and repair all electronic, electrical, controls, instrumentation and computer based equipment
· Enforce and comply with the company maintenance program
· Complete all assigned equipment repairs and calibrations
· Complete equipment maintenance inspections as per schedule
· Provide performance and operational feedback to the Electronics Manager regarding the equipment and team
· Prepare and fill out all required paperwork, work orders and inspection forms in the shop and/or in the field and submit to Electronics Manager and required maintenance department personnel
· Attend all required team meetings and/or safety meetings
· Visually inspect equipment in the yard/shop/location and report any deficiency to the Electronics Manager and Lead
· Maintain proper levels of electronic parts inventory for the shop and the field kits in the service trucks
· Follow and comply with HSE policy
· Enforce active expense management
· Execute work on new product development projects
· Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the repairs and operation meet the manufacturers and company’s specifications
· Provide feedback on potential design improvements to existing designs
· Assist in training equipment operators on the proper use operation of the equipment
· Assist the Maintenance Manager and Leads with coaching and mentoring other electronic techs on equipment repairs and inspections, work performance, quality and knowledge base of the units
· Complete all logbook and journey management paperwork required while operating a company vehicle
· Attend field jobs on request
· Carry out work handovers
· Assist the IT group in regards to any requirement that they might need related to computers, radios, phones or networks in the field or districts
· Assist Engineering on testing equipment and analysing technical data of the equipment
· Support the Radiation Safety Officer and program
· Support Operations in high profile field jobs
· Travel to different locations
· Work directly with employees from both maintenance and operations to ensure operational success and reliability
· Be able to work a Day or Night shift when requested
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes and airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time. They must be able to use their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and reach with hands and arms to lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally being required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear and smell as well as lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. All of this must sometimes be accomplished in a high noise and fast paced environment.
· Minimum 2 to 4 years Technical Diploma, Engineering Degree or formal military technical training
· Strong communication skills are required
· Must be willing to work over-time
· Must have hands on experience with installing, maintaining and repairing electro-mechanical, electrical and electronic components including hydraulic and pneumatic devices in accordance with company required standards
· Must be proficient in the operation, setup, and calibration of high pressure transducers, flow meters (Magnetic, Turbine and Coriolis), Nuclear Densitometers, level sensors, speed sensors and proximity sensors.
· Must be proficient in PLC and microprocessor maintenance/troubleshooting, computers and networks
· Test solid-state circuitry to find defective parts in digital and analog equipment and replace, rebuild and install instrumentation equipment and parts as required
· Must be proficient in understanding and making changes to unit programs to correct offsets for pressure transducers, PPU values and K-factors
· Read and understand technical drawings, schematics, datasheets and written work instructions
· Experience working with Data Acquisition Systems and 3 rd party software programs such as FracPro, Microsoft Windows/Office, FracCommand, PumpLink, etc.
· Experience Inspecting and testing equipment to detect faults, malfunctions and required repairs
· Experienced and able to use testing/calibration tools, hand tools and power tools
· Good soldering skills
· Be self-motivated and have a results orientated mind-set
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.