Kelly Services Materials Coordinator in Odessa, Texas
This position reports to the Materials Manager. The Materials Coordinator will be responsible for acting as a lead to support crew members, warehouse and district. The Materials Coordinator is responsible for the receipt of goods and inventory for the warehouse and/or district location. They will develop methods and processes aimed at improving the execution of inventory distribution. Communicates and coordinates with various internal stakeholders including Procurement and Logistics to ensure delivery plans are carried out in a cost-effective manner. Trouble shoots to resolve inventory execution problems when they arise.
· Work closely with district materials personnel to monitor and communicate on inventory status
· Analyze inventory levels and review with Manager, Warehouse and/or Materials Manager
· Receive and ship incoming/outgoing materials and record number of items
· Sort, verify and maintain inventory
· Fill requisitions, purchase orders, or requests for materials, tools or other stock items
· Identify damage, loss or surplus of goods and materials stored in the warehouse
· Maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to the warehouse
· Follow all safety policies and procedures
· Completes special projects, assignments and other ad-hoc duties as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 + years’ experience of parts in commercial truck (heavy duty) environment
· 2 + years’ experience in inventory and warehouse distribution
· Previous oil field or manufacturing experience required
· Proficient in ERP programs such as SAP and Microsoft Dynamics AX
· Self-motivated and can work well independently but also able to work as a team with a larger supply chain organization
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
· Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are essential as well as ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule and overtime as required
· Ability to coordinate work that is assigned
· Ability to collect, organize and produce sound recommendations for warehousing practices and inventory control
· Basic understanding of inventory management and planning required
· Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning, and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
CRITICAL TASKS / PERFORMANCE GOALS:
- Responsibility to live and model the Crew Resource Management culture
· Demonstrate proficiency in execution of material delivery and execution
· Communication proficiency
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Unload, unpack, inspect, and check packing slips against stock received
· Load, move, store and record the movement of materials and the storage locations of materials within the warehouse and as required
· Inputs information on various data bases
· Maintain records of requisitions, initiate purchase requisitions, receive and issue materials, and order standard items that are regularly required to be carried in inventory
· Work collaboratively with centralized buying team in order to secure parts
· Perform stocktaking and cycle counts functions, investigates and reconciles discrepancies
· Ensure the security of the warehouse.
· Complete housekeeping duties to maintain the warehouse in a clean, tidy and safe condition
· Review, understand and implement operational (OS), and technical standards including other company requirements for each task performed.
· To use the assertive statement to a supervisor (including stop work authority) when a concern, or know of a better solution presents itself.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions (hot, cold, wet etc.) The employee may be exposed to diesel fumes or other airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; potential risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud. Provision, wearing and maintenance of personal protective/respirator equipment (including face masks).
Regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. As necessary can manually lift a load with two hands, using good manual handling techniques up to a maximum of: Male 65 lbs. (29.5 Kgs), Female 45 lbs. (20.4 Kgs).
Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. Vision requirements include: close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception; and ability to adjust focus and distinguish color. Also includes creating and presenting information in both formal or informal meetings to multiple persons, or in the field environment to field crews, or one-to-one basis.