Kelly Services Stability Lab Technician- Montvale NJ 07645 in Montvale, New Jersey
Stability Lab Technician- Montvale, NJ 07645
Preferred skills: Stability testing, CPG and Aerosol experience
Contract to hire
•Responsible to produce lab samples and product testing (performance, stability, analytical, etc.).
•Perform chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, prototypes and finished products.
•Interpret test results and investigations.
•Collect data needed for product registration with federal, state and other regulatory agencies.
•Perform other assignments delegated by immediate supervisor.
•Perform routine standardization and maintenance of lab equipment.
1) Lab management
a. Equipment calibration
b. DI water verification
c. Ordering of chemicals/supplies
d. Maintaining safety standards (PEL lists, eye wash inspections)
e. Updating chemical inventory, sourcing SDSs, regularly disposing of expired chemicals
f. Managing lab waste with Jeff’s guidance
g. Ensuring a safe work environment
2) Conducting tab inspections
3) Assisting Olti/Farid with demo development & claims support
4) Conducting R&D testing required for consumer complaints
5) Working with Packaging to inspect/qualify new packaging
6) Supporting product development with raw material assessments (attrition testing)
7) Setting up stability testing (filling jugs, sealing doybags, etc.) and placing into appropriate chambers
8) Carrying out tests on tabs, powder, booster, rinse-aid
a. Tabs: weight, hardness, friability, solubility, active oxygen, pH, P & M values
b. Powder: total/free moisture, sieve analysis, bulk density, active oxygen, pH, P & M values
c. Booster: sieve analysis, bulk density, flowability, weight loss
d. Rinse-aid: pH, cloud point, refractive index
9) Maintaining instruments used for stability testing
a. Preparing 10% KI solutions for active oxygen testing
b. Disposing of sulfuric acid titrant waste
10) Maintaining an accurate ELN to ensure reproducibility of experiments and a log of data
11) Managing time to complete tasks efficiently and prioritizing work load
12) Troubleshooting any other problems, tasks, projects as needed
•Possess a good technical background in Chemistry or equivalent of education and experience.
•Basic knowledge of laboratory safety.
•Good computer skills (Word, Excel. Etc.).
•Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.