Kelly Services Parts Supervisor in Hobbs, New Mexico
POSITION TITLE: Parts Supervisor
The Parts Supervisor is responsible acting as a lead to support crew members and Parts Specilaist.
Location: Hobbs, NM
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 5+ years of parts work in commercial truck (heavy duty environment)
· 2+ years in a supervior role
· Previous oil field experience preferred
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
· Self-motivated and can work well independently but also able to work as a team with a larger supply chain organization
· Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are essential as well as ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule and overtime as required
· Ability to coordinate work that is assigned
· Knowledge of inventory control and warehousing practices
· Previous experience with SAP and Microsoft Dynamics AX is considered an asset
· Ability to maintain records accurately and effectively
· Organizational skills in a high paced environment are required
CRITICAL TASKS / PERFORMANCE GOALS:
· Lead parts specialist on day to day activities
· Unload, unpack, inspect, and check packing slips against stock received
· Load, move, store and record the movement of materials and the storage locations of materials within the warehouse and as required
· Inputs information on various data bases
· Maintain records of requisitions, initiate purchase requisitions, receive and issue materials, and order standard items that are regularly required to be carried in inventory
· Work collaboratively with centralized buying team in order to secure parts
· Perform stocktaking and cycle counts functions, investigates and reconciles discrepancies
· Ensure the security of the warehouse.
· Complete housekeeping duties to maintain the warehouse in a clean, tidy and safe condition
· Review, understand and implement operational (OS), and technical standards including other company requirements for each tasks performed.
· To use the assertive statement to a supervisor (including stop work authority) when a concern, or know of a better solution presents itself.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions (hot, cold, wet etc.) The employee may be exposed to diesel fumes or other airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; potential risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud. Provision, wearing and maintenance of personal protective/respirator equipment (including face masks).
Regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. As necessary can manually lift a load with two hands, using good manual handling techniques up to a maximum of: Male 65 lbs. (29.5 Kgs), Female 45 lbs. (20.4 Kgs).
Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. Vision requirements include: close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception; and ability to adjust focus and distinguish color. Also includes creating and presenting information in both formal or informal meetings to multiple persons, or in the field environment to field crews, or one-to-one basis.