Kelly Services Driver in Hobbs, New Mexico
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
The Driver position is an entry level job for individuals with no prior commercial driving experience and is considered a training position for future Field Operator positions. The Driver will be responsible for learning how to drive, and perform basic maintenance on Company heavy trucks.
Hiring Manager would prefer local hire. Mancamp not provided.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
· Ability to think on feet and adapt to situations
· Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
· Leadership capabilities
· Strong customer service skills
· Problem recognition and solving skills
· Highly safety conscious
· Highly motivated
· Ability to work a work schedule of 15 days on, 6 days off, and travel up to 95%
CRITICAL TASKS / PERFORMANCE GOALS:
· Learns how to drive and operate heavy trucks and equipment; progresses to independently driving Company trucks.
· Assists in performing emergency roadside repairs as required.
· Assists Field Operators and Supervisors with rigging in/out equipment for service.
· Lifts, carries, moves and assembles iron pipes, hoses, and other equipment to / from trucks and well site.
· Provides assistance to Supervisors and Field Operators during job (i.e. posting safety signs, checking and maintaining equipment / fluid levels, gathering and providing equipment and supplies requested, etc).
· Maintains truck and equipment to Company standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
· Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre and post trip
· Assists in quarterly maintenance inspections, 200 & 400 hour inspections and services on trucks and equipment.
· Learns and is responsible for completing required paperwork and submitting it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (i.e. fuel log report, timesheets and log books, maintenance reports, month-end expense reports, trip permits, etc)
· Maintains Company Safety Standards at all times: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
· Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
· Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
· All other duties assigned
· Review, understand and implement operational (OS), and technical standards including other company requirements for each tasks performed.
· To use the assertive statement to a supervisor (including stop work authority) when a concern, or know of a better solution presents itself.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions (hot, cold, wet etc.) The employee may be exposed to diesel fumes or other airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; potential risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud. Provision, wearing and maintenance of personal protective/respirator equipment (including face masks).
Regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. As necessary can manually lift a load with two hands, using good manual handling techniques up to a maximum of: Male 65 lbs. (29.5 Kgs), Female 45 lbs. (20.4 Kgs).
Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. Vision requirements include: close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception; and ability to adjust focus and distinguish color. Also includes creating and presenting information in both formal or informal meetings to multiple persons, or in the field environment to field crews, or one-to-one basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.