Kelly Services System Administrator/Engineer in hayward, California
SF Bay Area
Contract to Hire, Full-Time Roles, $70-90k/yr based on experience
Kelly IT Resources is currently working with multiple, local, mid-size, successful, organizations here in the bay area. We are currently aiding these clients in their direct search for experienced System Admin/Engineers. These clients look for energetic, ambitious, hard-working hands-on system support professionals to join robust Infrastructure Support Teams, and will get the chance to work on a myriad of IT tools/products, IT projects, and provide outstanding on-going system development and maintenance.
System Admin/Engineer Role Details:
• To install, support, monitor, and maintain technology systems, networks, servers, and applications.
• Support users in a timely manner and ensure daily operational tasks are performed efficiently.
• Identify technology to assist in implementation of company initiatives.
Systems Administrator/Engineer Responsibilities:
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and increase level of production.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Ensures administrative control over the various applications supported by IT.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
Systems Admin Required Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of similar/related experience.
• Education (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
• Experience in PC usage and hardware/software support.
• Batch and workflow programming is a plus
• PC "TCPIP", Networking and VMWare experience
• Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and support personal computers, OS/2, network and data communications software and hardware and be familiar with basic programming logic, processing concepts and terminology, and processing rigors.
• Server administration experience desirable.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm