Kelly Services Electronics Technician -Fridley, MN in Fridley, Minnesota
Kelly Services is seeking an Electronics Technician for a global power leader in Fridley, MN .
Job Title: Electronics Technician
Location: Fridley, MN
Type: Contract (W2)
Length: 6 months (Possibility of Conversion)
Hours: 1st Shift with slight flexibility to start time
Pay Rate - $24/HR
This position will focus on system testing and building prototypes. There will also be system set up. Candidates with a circuit board background would be helpful.
• Minimum Associates technical degree in engineering or related field from an accredited program
• Intermediate to advanced technical experience
• Advanced knowledge of diagnoses and test cell problems, maintenance and calibration of test equipment
• Advanced knowledge of quality and reliability principles.
• Intermediate understanding of engines, alternators, controls, and enclosures. Advanced understanding in one area.
• Intermediate to advanced instrumentation skills and knowledge
• Effective written and verbal communication skills (communicating to internal and external customers, peers, stakeholders, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
• Perform and guide less experienced technicians in assembly, set up, troubleshooting, testing and documentation of test results for testing articles (genset, sub-system, etc.).
• Lead the collection of prototype material. Fabrication and build of prototypes (including test fixtures) and validation of engineering drawings. Provide feedback on assembly to engineers/stakeholders.
• Perform routine, complex, and advanced tests. Collect, analyze and interpret data per approved test plan. Make necessary adjustments (equipment, instrumentation, etc.). Review data to find any abnormalities to ensure quality.
• Review test plans and reports of less experienced engineers for completeness, proper test sequence and efficiency. Draft test reports to include findings, conclusions and recommendations. Review this with Lead Technician or manager for approval. Present this information to engineers/stakeholders.
• Provide guidance to less experienced technicians in the troubleshooting and diagnose of test cell problems and troubleshooting of test data and test issues (not specific to test cells only).
• Identify and lead improvement projects (quality, safety, customer satisfaction) for the department/team. Evaluate alternatives and make recommendations for innovations that impact the business. Participate in Kaizen Events as assigned.
• Act as a mentor by sharing knowledge with less experienced technicians.
• Follow correct safety procedures (i.e., tools, equipment, lifting, guards, protective equipment, etc.). Work safely and ensure the safety of others in the work area.
• Complete other work as assigned.
• Work concurrently on multiple tasks
• Attend team meetings and take ownership of lab projects
• Select lab instruments for purchasing, maintain, and calibrate
• Lead/support the development of power electronics/traction drives/microgrid/distributed generation labs at the local site
• Work with suppliers to procure and stock lab components
• Candidates with Electrical background are a plus
• Candidates with a product development atmosphere are welcome as well as those who are familiar with power generation systems. This position requires work with converters and batteries.
• Knowledge and experience in basic electronics, power electronics, electric circuits and systems with control techniques applied to switched-mode power converters
• Working experience in electronics industry – automotive preferred
• Familiarity with semiconductor devices
• Practical skills in electronic engineering
• Troubleshooting skills in basic electronics
• Good soldering skills
• Proficiency in working on PCB-level electronics
• Experience in handling test equipment’s such as digital scopes and impedance analyzers
• Ability to independently build subsystems such as inverters/converters and controls, set up and conduct validation tests and create documentation
• Familiarity in using basic computer tools/software for development
• Aptitude to learn new software tools for product development
Following skills is a plus
• Modeling and simulation capabilities
• Knowledge of latest semiconductor devices including WBG devices
• Knowledge of using sensors and feedback control
• PCB CAD software’s and board layout capabilities
* If this position may be of interest to you, please email me back at email@example.com (with your most up to date resume, for further consideration) and advise the best time and number at which you can be reached. If not for yourself, feel free to share this opportunity within your network! *
For quick inquiries, feel free to CHAT LIVE WITH ME NOW at https://flashrecruit.com/user/ShazIrani ! (8am – 5pm CST)
Professional Technical Recruiter
Kelly Services, Inc.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.