Kelly Services Field Operator, Cement in Dickinson, North Dakota
Field Operator, Cement
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
Position Title: Field Operator, Cement
Supervisor/Manager: Cement Coordinators
Position Location: Dickinson, ND
Main Duties/ Responsibilities: The Field Operator, cement is responsible for driving, operating, and maintaining cementing services equipment. The Field Operator will also be responsible for assembling and preparing equipment for installation and service, performing pre-and post- equipment inspections and maintenance, assist in monitoring well controls, and contributing to safe rigging operations during and after service delivery.
• Responsible for driving and operating heavy trucks and equipment
• Performs rigging in / out duties for Cementing Services equipment; contributes to safe rigging operations during and after service delivery
• Lifts, carries, moves and assembles iron pipes and equipment to / from trucks and well site
• Reviews and completes pump logs, chemical tallies, and maintenance checklists
• Monitors control panels to gauge pressure, flow, revolutions per minute (RPMs), and other diagnostic information of equipment (i.e. transmission lock-ups, rig savers, etc)
• Participates in and monitor execution of job/service: control operation of equipment or systems by using control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate equipment or processes.
• With guidance from Supervisors, adjusts increase / decrease fluid pressure and flow as required.
• Assists Supervisor with calculating and mixing chemicals.
• Acts as a mentor to Operator-in-Training/Operator 1 level employees. Assists in training and provides guidance on safe and effective operating procedures.
• Maintains truck and equipment to standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
• Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre-and post-trip
• Conducts maintenance and inspection of Blowout Preventer (BOP), injection head, power-pack (hydraulics), stripper, wellhead connections, etc.
• Completes quarterly maintenance inspections, 200 & 400 hour inspections and services on trucks and equipment.
• Troubleshoots any problems with equipment and ensures damaged or defective parts get repaired.
• Completes required paperwork and submits it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (i.e. Critical Well Checklist, fuel log report, timesheets and log books, maintenance reports, month-end expense reports, trip permits, etc).
• Promotes Safety Standards always: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
• Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
• Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
• All other duties assigned
• Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker endorsement.
• Ability to work on call 24/7 during a 15 on/ 6 off schedule.
• Must be willing to work weekdays, weekends, and overnight travel.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Willingness to work in physically demanding role-ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
• Willingness to work long hours
• Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
• Ability to pass a background and driving record (MVR) Check
• Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions
• Ability to safely operate, maintain, and perform minor repairs on equipment, replacing hoses, minor mechanic type work on pumps, fittings, etc.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationship with other employees.
• Reliable transportation to and from work.
Work Environment/ Physical Abilities:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up-to to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.