Kelly Services Design Emgineer in Commerce, California
Design Engineer, Commerce, CA
As a Design Engineer you will be an experienced Tool Design Engineer to join the Manufacturing Engineering team. The Tool Design Engineer will support all manufacturing operations with tool design and fabrication expertise as well as provide technical support on the shop floor.
This role can become permanent.
Job Title : Design Engineer
Work Location : Commerce, CA
Projected Duration : 04/23/2018- 07/22/2018, Depending on workload and performance
Shift : 8 hour days / 5 days a week
Pay Rate : $35 to $42 an hour, Dependent on Experience
· Responsible for design of tooling fixtures and jigs used for assembly, heat treat, test and handling of titanium pressure vessels used for spacecraft and rocket propulsion systems.
· Design Tools for fabrication, inspection and processing of parts and assemblies based on tooling design concepts or practices.
· Ability to use computer-aided design software to develop design concepts, preliminary layouts, drawings and notes necessary to facilitate fabrication of required tooling in support of internal and external customer use. Working knowledge of Siemens NX (Version 11 Required).
· Knowledge of the mechanical properties and machining characteristics of various metals.
· Read and interpret conceptual designs, drawings, blueprints, engineering orders, sketches, tool orders, manuals, charts and graphs to layout and draw tool designs utilizing drafting techniques including computer based design or drafting systems.
· Coordinate tool requisition, design concepts, changes, modifications and requirements with Manufacturing Engineers, Shop Personnel and/or Program teams as required.
· Assist shop personnel in understanding the tool design drawing as required.
· Working knowledge of 3D printing technology and use of 3D printers a plus.
· Participate in continuous improvement projects to continuously work to improve tool design methodologies, fabrication efficiencies and product quality.
· Minimum of B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
· Minimum 5-7 years of demonstrated tool design experience in in a manufacturing environment; Aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
· Proficiency with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software required. Siemens NX (Version 11 Required).
· Experience with the design of large, complex tools, jigs, and fixtures to support manufacture of Titanium/metallic hardware.
· Apply knowledge of machining theory, mechanical systems, welding and assembly to design tooling in support of manufacturing processes and builds.
· Strong understanding and ability to interpret GD&T tolerances and incorporate into applicable engineering drawings or other documentation required. Has good understanding of tolerance stack up and establishing datum structures.
· Experience working within a team of engineers and technicians in a manufacturing environment operating to AS9100 and other industry standards.
· Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Candidate must be able to thrive in a team environment, work independently, and embrace continuous improvement.
· Proficiency with MS Office required; MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
· U.S. Citizen or U.S. person
Please APPLY, if interested.
After applying to the position, follow up with me by email or phone, John Wisner, Kelly Services Engineering Recruiter, at 630.424.3622, email@example.com. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.