Kelly Services Field Leader, Cement in Clairmont, Canada
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
Clairmont, AB (Grande Prairie area)
The Field Leader, Cement is responsible for calling and overseeing all field operations for a treatment program and providing superior customer service and technical support to client.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures field staff members arrive to job on time and correct equipment / materials are ready for job.
· Conducts pre-job operating procedures and safety meetings with field crew; reviews treatment program with customer prior to starting job.
· Instructs field crew of rig-in specifications; may assist in rigging operations as needed.
· Conducts/calls treatment program through life of job, provides instruction and direction on job operating procedures to all field crew members.
· Ensures treatment is running correctly and efficiently; monitors equipment and operations.
· Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues; provides guidance to lower level operators/supervisors on how to resolve routine and non-routine operating issues.
· Builds customer relations and provides superior customer service and technical support to client.
· Monitors performance of all field crew members; may conduct disciplinary action meetings with field personnel as needed.
· Mentors and provides training to field crew members at all levels; creates a team environment.
· Ensures all field personnel paperwork (fuel reports, log books, job tickets, post job treatment reports, Transport of Dangerous Goods reports, quarterly inspection reports, etc.) is completely and accurately filled out, audited, and approved.
· Responsible for driving and operating heavy and complex Cementing Services trucks and equipment as needed.
· Maintains truck and equipment to standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
· Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre and post-trip
· Promotes Safety Standards at all times: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
· Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately.
· Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
· All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Commercial Driver License (Class 1)
· Strong communication skills are required
· 5-7+ years related oilfield service experience
· Knowledgeable of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Ability to think on feet and adapt to situations
· Ability to work as part of a team and create a strong sense of teamwork
· Proven leadership abilities
· Strong math skills (calculating ratios, fractions, etc)
· Problem recognition and solving skills
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
· Highly safety conscious
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
· Ability to work a work schedule of 15 days on, 6 days off, and travel up to 100%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.