Kelly Services Financial Analyst in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Work Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Duration: 12 Months (Temporary/Contract)
Financial Analyst – Cambridge, MA
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Financial Analyst for one of our top clients in Cambridge, MA.
• Manage the monthly close, analytical support and reporting for the Research and Development organization.
• Support budgeting process on as needed basis.
• Develop and maintain a Reporting Infrastructure including monthly close, accruals, variance analysis and reporting for first half of month.
• Option to make full time contract role would include ad hoc and process improvement projects in the second half of the month.
• Manage the monthly financial close process including identifying and resolving discrepancies in actual transactions in SAP versus planned activity and instructing accounting to initiate correcting entries as necessary, on an ongoing basis.
• In charge of balance reconciliations for accounts in connection with their activities.
• Oversee, design and distribute monthly reporting packages to senior management and budget owners, summarizing functional area financial results. Develop detailed explanation for variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for assigned functional areas.
• Direct and drive meaningful quantitative analysis and business discussion.
• Be the Finance department representative and therefore accountable for correct implementation/execution of key Financial processes in these departments such as Education on PO & accrual management on use of reporting tools and finance concepts. Proactively provide advisory services.
• Design and implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of 5 years of business experience.
• Previous reporting/planning/monthly variance analysis experience.
• Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP)
• Previous experience in healthcare industry preferred but not required.
• Financial planning/reporting systems experience (e.g. SAP, Data Warehouse Programs).
• Experience with Access/SQL and VBA or other demonstrated experience with programming languages preferred.
• Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for customer groups.
• Analytical – ability to analyze monthly financial results and to understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
• Management – ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
• Customer Service Orientation – ability to gain trust of internal finance colleagues.
• Teamwork – ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment.
• Entrepreneurial – ability and desire to proactively take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of “out of the box” thinking.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
Weekly pay and service bonus plans
Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.