Kelly Services Lab Tech- Analytical Testing Lab- Bothell, WA in Bothell, Washington
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently recruiting for a Lab Technician t o join an Analytical Testing lab located in Bothell, WA. This position performs the majority of shipping and receiving, sample homogenization, compositing, administrative tasks such as, but not limited to filing and scanning as well as light sample preparation of environmental samples for trace metals determinations. The lab technician interprets and manages data using LIMS, Access and Excel, ensuring that data meets all established QA/QC criteria and is made available to the department managers within specified time frames.
This is a Temp to Hire, M-F or Tuesday-Saturday Day Shift position. Ability to work overtime as necessary is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
• Identify and evaluate issues and explore continuous improvement initiatives.
• Demonstrates proactive commitment and adherence to industry and company safety regulations and QA procedures
• Filters and preserves samples as appropriate
• Maintains Shipping and Receiving work area and assists with all forms of shipping and receiving functions, including but not limited to Fed Ex, US Mail, UPS, shipping supplies, and shipment tracking.
• Receives and unpacks client samples daily, verifies accuracy of receipt against chain of custody (COC), matches it to the corresponding project and notes discrepancies
• Logs samples into LIMS database daily to assign a lot number for tracking purposes and distributes paperwork to Project Managers and Department Managers.
• Utilize computer software to prioritize work, track samples, perform calculations and statistical analysis, and store data to meet established deadlines.
• Labels client samples to correspond with lot number and places them in the proper storage area to maintain sample integrity daily
• Notifies Project Manager and Department Managers when samples are received that have short hold times or a quick turnaround time so that the workload can be prioritized
• Assists in locating samples or delivers samples to appropriate lab daily to improve productivity and ensure that sample hold times will not be exceeded
• Ensures that the lab is maintained and kept clean
• Perform and interpret required QA/QC procedures; recommend, perform and document corrective actions and possible impacts to data quality.
• Conduct review of sample preparation data including: checks for completeness, calculation accuracy, data interpretation and data quality objective coherence.
• Provide all documentation to Group Leader for peer and scientific review of data in a timely manner
• Manage inventory needs, assist in ordering of supplies, and maintain stock of all necessary components, supplies, standards and reagents
• The breakdown of tissue and food samples for digestion.
• Provide back-up assistance to other analysts and lab assistants when necessary
• Responsible for completion of regular training and DOC under the direction of Group Leader and QA department.
• AS in Chemistry or BS/BA in Chemistry/Sciences with coursework in Chemistry preferred
• Experience with LIMS software helpful.
•Willingness to put in overtime hours as necessary.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.