Kelly Services Laboratory Technologist - Immunology, ELISA, Cell Culture - NIH - Bethesda, MD in Bethesda, Maryland
Laboratory Technologist - Immunology, ELISA, and Cell Culture * NIH * Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technologist - Immunology, ELISA, and Cell Culture to support the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com at http://www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com/
TASKS/SERVICES : The contractor shall:
(1) Assist in laboratory tests in accordance with established protocols, previous training, or accepted laboratory practices using a variety of laboratory equipment and instruments.
(2) Assist in troubleshooting and calibrating various laboratory equipment and instruments.
(3) Assist in evaluating the validity of laboratory data. Analyzes and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with established protocols, previous training, or accepted laboratory practices.
(4) Interpret and adapt guidelines for application to less or complex laboratory problems.
(5) Deal directly with scientists, physicians, and other health care professionals, reagent and media suppliers, reference laboratory officials, equipment sales representatives, instrument repairers, etc.
(6) Assist in presenting information to laboratory personnel in formal lectures and bench training.
(7) Support analyses and other reports pertaining to laboratory testing or other operations.
(8) Prepare reports of equipment/instrument usage by Institute and non-Institute personnel.
(9) Assist in the updating of procedural manuals.
(10) Evaluate the validity of laboratory data in relation to the test system and assay procedures; recognize unexpected test discrepancies, identify physiological causes of discrepancies, and analyze problems while recommending solutions, and devising new methods to more accurately measure analyses.
REQUIREMENTS : The contractor ideally would have:
(1) Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
(2) Five (5) years of experience in biology or a related field.
(3) 2-3 years of experience with ELISA, ELISpot, Flow Cytometry and Cell Culture
(4) Previous experience working with human and animal samples
(5) Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory environment.
(6) Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
(7) Demonstrated knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
(8) Demonstrated experience in performing biological research
(9) Demonstrated knowledge in managing and disposal of hazardous waste
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Once you have applied online to the position, if you have specific questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm