Kelly Services Design Engineer in Beltsville, Maryland
Design Engineer, Beltsville, MD
As a Design Engineer you will need experience in spacecraft thermal sub systems. Creo experience is a must. Strong communications skills a must. Lean manufacturing environment, must be able to work independently.
Job Title : Design Engineer
Work Location : Beltsville, MD
Projected Duration : 06/02/2018- 12/01/2018, Depending on workload and performance
Shift : 8 hour days / 5 days a week
Pay Rate : $42 to $51 an hour, Dependent on Experience
Type : Contract
· Contributes to the design of major Integrated Thermal Systems components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
· Utilizes computer-aided design (CAD) equipment, develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches and notes necessary to present design proposals to internal and external customers.
· Creates layouts and drawings of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
· Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
· Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
· Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to fellow responsible engineers or designers.
· Supports development of technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Applies current technology and aids in the development of new technologies.
· Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
· CAD solid modeling in Pro-E and drafting experience required
· Experience with Teamcenter a plus
· Experienced with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to clearly present technical information
· Strong customer service skills
· Able to work seated/standing at a desk in five hour increments.
· Requires repetitive arm, hand, and wrist movements in five hour increments.
· Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
· BS in Engineering and 7 years minimum of relevant industry experience required or Masters in Engineering and 5 years minimum of relevant industry experience required
Please APPLY, if interested.
After applying to the position, follow up with me by email or phone, John Wisner, Kelly Services Engineering Recruiter, at 630.424.3622, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.