Kelly Services Material Handler in Baldwin Park, California
Material Handlers – Baldwin Park, CA
Kelly Services is assisting the leading specialist in the Medical Device industry; Freudenberg-NOK with recruiting for 2nd and 3rd shift Material Handlers $12.00 per hour. These are TEMP to HIRE opportunity.
The Material Handler is responsible for Preparation/staging handling and inventory control of material required for production and handling of all scrap materials.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
· Ensure that required material is prepared in a timely manner to meet production flow.
· Prepare and stage materials for production - this may include manual, or semi automated mixing, setting up material drying equipment, assembly components etc .
· Handling scraps materials, moving scrap to designated locations.
· Maintaining and cleaning of various material handling supplies and equipment.
· Recording information related to materials used and equipment usage and preparation.
· Ensure materials are properly labeled at all times.
· Entering material transfers in inventory system, ensuring materials are placed in correct locations.
· Perform routine cycle counts and annual physical inventory
· Monitor production lines made up of all injection molding machines and notify team of any issues that may arise.
· Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
· Assist in ordering stock items as needed.
· Maintaining supplies and related equipment in a clean and organized manner.
· Assist with shipping and receiving as needed.
· Ensure all equipment calibration is up to date.
· Adhere to standard operating procedure and department operating procedures.
· Practice good housekeeping of work area and follow all procedures.
· Participate and support in safety initiatives.
· Participate and support in lean/continuous improvement initiatives.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· High School or equivalent.
· 1 – 2 years in material handling or warehouse.
· Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Involves sitting, standing and/or walking, with frequent ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects
and occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force to move objects.
· Ability to pick, push or press with fingertips.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound
perceiving their nature.
· Ability to extend hands or arms in any direction. Repetitive motions, physical ability to sustain movements of the fingers, wrists, hands or arms.
· Ability to express or exchange information by means of spoken word.
· Must able to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity) and see colors.
· Must be able to maneuver safely around moving equipment and/or in congested manufacturing areas.
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves/boots, etc.
· Exposed to various packaging materials, raw ingredients, cleaning chemicals, lubricants, etc.
· All work must be performed at the Freudenberg Medical site.
Why is this a great opportunity? The answer is simple…working at our client is more than a job; it’s a career. The opportunities are diverse whether you are right at the start of your career or whether you are looking for new challenges this is the job for you, so be quick and apply now!
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position your resume must be received directly from the job posting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 603 217-0793.
Why Kelly ® ?
Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.