Kelly Services Buyer in Auburn, Washington
Kelly Engineering is seeking a Buyer for one of our top clients in Auburn, WA
Coordinates the procurement and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
• Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
• Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
• Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
• Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
• Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
• Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
• Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
•Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
• Assists with developing new sources for materials, components and/or machined parts
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline preferred
• Minimum 2 years + experience in an aerospace environment preferred
• Working knowledge of purchasing operational functions and responsibilities
• Proficient understanding of aircraft drawings, specifications and documents
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Effective negotiating skills and strong analytical ability
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with various personality types
• Exhibit skills for planning, organizing and completing work projects
• Prior experience with ERP System, specifically Epicor Vista or Vantage preferred
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.