Kelly Services Operations Manager in Aston, Pennsylvania
The Operations Manager will plan, direct and coordinate all the organization’s operations related to manufacturing. This position is responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
• Ensures orders are delivered on time and in the most efficient manner.
• Reviews monthly schedule and backlog with the Master Scheduler to ensure that the schedule is created in such manner to meet the following criteria: on-time delivery and weekly, monthly and annual financial goals.
• Directs and assists managers and other direct reports in the development of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives. Monitors these areas and objectives to ensure the success.
• Leads the continuous improvement effort utilizing various methodologies to increase efficiency, improve processes and upgrade equipment.
• Ensures that all operations are striving to meet the three top level goals; 99% on-time delivery, 99% quality ratings and compliance with the AS9100 standard.
• Minimizes overtime except when necessary to meet increased workloads.
• Systematically eliminates scrap and rework.
• Works closely with production departments for any delivery problems or issues.
• Reviews methods of fabrication, tooling requirements and equipment conditions for efficiency and areas of improvement.
• Prepares manpower report for employee’s hours, availability and skill level.
• Ensures a safe working environment that complies with OSHA, EPA and DEP regulatory policies and procedures as well as any applicable state and local regulations.
• Enforces safety codes, monitors accident reports and takes corrective action as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have experience working with metal and fabricated parts.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.