Kelly Services Software Development Manager (.Net) NO C2C in Appleton, Wisconsin
Software Development Manager (.Net)
This is a direct-hire role with our client in Appleton. Talented and competitive people are rewarded with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities – the Sky is the Limit here! We can discuss much more by phone.
You will need to be able to assist with development/coding about 20% of the time; 80% management & oversight. You will initially have 5-8 direct reports.
• Work collaboratively with the highest caliber talent. Our client is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes - creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
• Foster growth and professional development capabilities – because they are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles.
• Be recognized & rewarded – our client values their employees, recognizes talent, encourages growth and rewards contributions.
• Ensure business applications are developed and maintained using best practices with robust security standards
• Determine project schedules and effectively manage the allocation of resources to achieve project objectives
• Create and manage project and development team budgets
• Work closely with our user community and IT professionals to build consensus and standards that are scalable, adaptable and flexible to meet the needs of a changing business landscape
• Experience with the Microsoft development and BI stack Knowledge with ASP.NET MVC development
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and all of its components, most notably SSRS and SSAS
• Experience analyzing dimensionally modeled databases
• Experience with agile project management methodologies and TFS
• Comply with SOX audit and change management requirements and best practices
• Ensures compliance with software licensing
• Ability to train and develop staff members and participate in professional development plan
• Support legacy software, system users and troubleshoot problems
• Work with the technical teams at our customer locations to ensure solid integrations and tools are available
• Work closely with our business leaders to drive simplified solutions that enable business initiatives
• Ability to deliver solutions with industry leading security and efficiencies that aligns with the Enterprise Agenda
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT technical, or related field
• 5-7 years of software development experience
• 3-5 years of leadership experience managing a team of 3 or more
• Basic understanding of sales and distribution, manufacturing and accounting
• Experience implementing cloud infrastructure and implementations
• Excellent problem-solving abilities with strong customer support orientation
• Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Depending on location, up to 25% maximum travel is required as you will be supporting many locations in the upper mid-west
Excellent benefits package including healthcare, matching 401k and more
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.