Kelly Services Senior Packaging Engineer in Southborough, Massachusetts
Overview: This position will work closely with a cross-functional global team, especially R&D, Creative and Marketing across all company locations. You will be responsible for overseeing global structural packaging development, testing, and implementation for most products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Responsible for overseeing structural packaging development for all domestic and some global packaging projects managing testing, and implementation as needed
• Work closely with a cross-functional global team, especially R&D, Creative and Marketing across all regions. Maintain alignment and collaboration with business stakeholders, leveraging their experience and connections to suppliers, to assist with packaging solution efforts
• Create internal packaging structure designs for corrugate, folding board cartons and interiors as well as plastic clamshells and blister packs. Use best practices to achieve most efficient design to realize all functions and features
• Responsible for managing domestic testing related to packaging such as transportation, drop, stacking, vibration, compression testing, etc.
• Assess the current packaging structure process and identify areas to improve
• Continuous assessment and improvement of packaging design structure on existing products.
• Investigation and understanding of competitive package structure designs. Is familiar with how products travel through supply chain and impact on packaging design and testing
• Review and maintain HoT packaging structure design guidelines, specifications, acceptance criteria and test methods
• Work with Creative team to integrate structure and artwork into finished packaging. Provide recommendations on material to use for intended packaging
• Perform feasibility assessment and cost estimation on above related works. Identify cost reduction solutions and quality improvement opportunities
• Lead packaging structure design reviews and testing verification. Support and assist product reviews as needed
• Create packaging related documentation and data sheets as needed
• Interface with China Sourcing and Packaging teams to insure clear communication with vendors
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Ensure packaging structures meet all customer and regulatory requirements for materials and testing
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT REQUIRED
• 4-year degree in Packaging Engineering, Engineering or Industrial or Design related field.
• 10 or more years' structural packaging design related experience
This position is ideally suited for an individual who has demonstrated success in a similar role as well as working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess 3D CAD skills necessary for Packaging design. Be well versed in all the 3D conversions between most popular 3D software. Creo / ArtiosCAD / CAPE / TOPS a plus
• Have a solid understanding and background working with plastic and paper based material
• Ability to prepare some packaging prototypes and perform or manage testing based on design needs. Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable
• Working experience of appliance or consumer packaging for electrical CPG hard goods products is a plus
• Experience in designing and specifying cartons, interiors, temporary displays, molded pulp, bags, clamshells, blisters,
• Troubleshoot issues that arise from package development
• Working knowledge of trailer, shipping container, and pallet loading, ASTM and ISTA package testing standards
• Strong understanding of Consumer/User experience and Sustainability as related to Packaging
• Excellent project management skills required
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm