Kelly Services Test Technician in Plainville, Connecticut
Industry: Energy & Utilities
Work Location: Plainville, CT
Job Title: Test Technician (Electrical Background)
Duration: 12 Months (Temporary/Contract)
Test Technician – Plainville, CT
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Test Technician for one of our top clients in Plainville, CT .
M-F. 7:30am -3pm
* Needs to have an electrical background and work experience. Not just electronics. **
BEST CANDIATE WILL HAVE: ASSOCIATES IN ELECTRICAL or MECHANICAL or INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING.
ELECTRICAL BACKGROUND PREFERRED. EXPERIENCE in POWER LAB PREFERRED
Candidate must be able to work with a team of technical resources to carry out test requests from a Global Engineering Development team in the area of electrical and high power components. The candidate must have a strong knowledge of electricity principals; an Associate Degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering and at least 2 years of related experience is desired. Must have basic knowledge in the operation of electrical and electromechanical equipment. Knowledge of UL, CSA, and IEC testing standards are also desired, as the candidate will be performing specific tests that requires the interpretation and understanding of the different standards.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Perform all technical functions relevant to the preparation and testing as specified by global test requests
• Prepare test equipment for carrying out specific electrical tests (Calibration, dielectric, etc.)
• Perform basic calculations/recording and tabulations of technical data and record them accordingly
• Maintain applicable records: enter maintenance requests, qualification records, and writing of laboratory reports as required.
• Maintain confidentiality in handling proprietary test data, formulations and data on patentable or other confidential items under development
• Perform routine environmental tests (Rain tests, temperature, humidity, etc.)
• Maintain laboratory equipment, supplies, and working area.
• Perform minor equipment calibration and repairs as needed
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
Weekly pay and service bonus plans
Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm