Kelly Services Senior Visual Designer in New York, New York
One of our top clients is seeking a Senior Visual Designer for their offices in New York City, NY
Length is One Year Plus
May require travel up to 25%.
Senior Digital Designers are critical to the success of our projects and help guide projects from evaluating user experiences, identifying opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly, all while challenging the team to think beyond what’s expected.
Senior Digital Designers work collaboratively to create complex interactive experiences for applications, software, and web interfaces. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
We are looking for independent and boundlessly creative people with a high level of purpose who are fun to work with and relentlessly focused on quality output in all forms. Successful candidates for this role will demonstrate excitement for challenging preconceptions and enthusiasm to continually work toward highest quality solutions in the world, while offering a cordial and collaborative approach to getting things done.
You will contribute to the organization in the following ways:
• Planning, prioritizing, coordinating, and designing requirements.
• Responsible for concepting and delivering visual designs for innovative navigation systems, interface designs, typography, and screen layouts for software, application, web sites, and other interactive media.
• Leading digital media projects, understanding a project business and communication goals, and translating them into creative solutions.
• Active, hands-on work in ideation, providing art direction to other designers, and working with Interaction Designers and Developers to implement designs into technology frameworks.
• Translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level.
• Effectively communicating research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Guide the design process, drive decisions, give clear feedback, track issues, assist in estimating resource needs and schedules, respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, demands and timelines with supervision.
• Working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
• Participating as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers, various internal and external partners.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least ten years’ experience designing visual communication systems for digital products and services.
• A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates a passion for digital product development.
• A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design.
• Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter- from product interaction to software tools and applications to the web.
• Intimate knowledge of how comps translate to code.
• A strong understanding of current design trends and the practical benefits and limitations of digital technologies.
• A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
• Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• A passion for learning and creating products that resonate emotionally with people.
• Experience working collaboratively with all levels of strategists and technologists.
• Expertise with relevant design software packages and a willingness to explore new tools
Why Kelly ® ?
At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm