Kelly Services Manufacturing Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Manufacturing Engineer, Grand Rapids, MI
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will have Assignments based on specific products with an emphasis on the electrical side of product offerings, such as, Motor Controllers, motors, and related components. General expectations will include technical support services and work instructions to assure production of quality products with minimal variation, at the optimal cost. Product Engineers are also expected to identify, analyze, and implement effective solutions for safety, product performance, quality, and productivity concerns. All operation support personnel are expected to drive continuous improvement as it relates to our products and Assembly/Test functions. Train technicians to perform board-level troubleshooting and rework. Provide technical leadership in troubleshooting product and process problems (specifically related to electrical components and circuit boards)
Job Title : Manufacturing Engineer
Work Location : Grand Rapids, MI
Projected Duration : 09/04/2017- 09/03/2018, Depending on workload and performance
Shift : 8 hour days / 5 days a week
Pay Rate : $30 an hour, Dependent on Experience
Type : Contract
· Provide timely product and process support to the operations team and supply chain.
· Act as applications and functional expert for assigned products. Communicate, interpret and evaluate design intent and functional requirements of the product to the operations team and supply chain.
· Design, support, and implement assembly fixtures, tooling and equipment.
· Implement design/redesign changes related to continuous improvement for momentum hardware.
· Support test equipment design, build and maintenance.
· Create and maintain bills of material (BOM), operator instruction sheets (OIS) and routers. Disposition non-conforming materials (NCM) and discrepant material reports (DMR). Implement corrective actions.
· Drive improvement in first pass yield and operational metrics through use of lean practices and continuous improvement techniques such as DFMA, 8D, and Six Sigma.
· Provide assembly/test operators with accurate, clear, and concise work instructions. Support new design/development and qualification processes for a smooth and timely production launch.
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· Circuit analysis skills (ability to read wiring schematics, identify critical elements and troubleshoot)
· Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing engineering methods and techniques, manufacturing operations, and the ability to evaluate production and related operations required to manufacture new or modified products
· Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships within all areas
· Effective use of tact and persuasion in dealing with personnel involved with manufacturing
· Knowledge of dynamic electro-mechanical systems and mechanical power train devices, including gears, ballscrews, housings, and bearings
· Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
· Experience with Six Sigma and project management preferred
· Experience in troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical actuation systems
· Minimum of three years diversified manufacturing experience with emphasis on assembly, fabrication, machining, processing, and methods analysis
Please APPLY, if interested.
After applying to the position, follow up with me by email or phone, John Wisner, Kelly Services Engineering Recruiter, at 630.424.3622, email@example.com. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm