Kelly Services Data Engineer in Frisco, Texas
Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract opportunity for a Data Engineer with a drug wholesale company located in Frisco, TX.
THIS ROLE REQUIRES AN ONSITE PRESENCE IN FRISCO, TX NOT A REMOTE ROLE**
Work schedule will be Monday – Friday, typically 8a – 5p. Fulltime, 40 hour work week.
Duration is a 6+ month assignment, possible extension, however no guarantee.
Pay rate is based on experience, however range is $45.00-$50.00/hour.
Individuals within the Data Engineering role work closely with business stakeholders and EITS team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality data solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards.
Data Engineers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting data platforms and processes that are delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and interface design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to their responsibilities. They ensure data availability, integrity and compliance by performing data cleansing and data validations. They provide data that is congruent, synchronized and reliable, and facilitate user access to data in a semantically meaningful way. They analyze and develop logical and physical data models; data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic; and semantic data access layers in support of corporate, customer and/or business partner business analytics requirements. They maintain data catalogues and metadata to facilitate self-service access by business users, other data engineers, data visualization specialists and data scientists. When data related system problems occur, they also perform root-cause analysis and recommend or execute corrective action.
Data Engineers understand the methodologies and technologies that manage the flow of data within and between technology systems and business functions/operations. They identify opportunities to reduce data redundancy, improve efficiencies and enhance business value, and monitor trends in data uses.
Knowledge of current and emerging data architecture products, services, platforms and processes is required.
Individuals in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have a solid understanding of logical data warehousing design principles and data access requirements for business analytics and exploration. Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives to help drive incremental business value from enterprise data assets.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities:
• Conceptualize, design and develop data integration, transformation and analytics solutions that provide semantically meaningful information to consumers, including internal and external business stakeholders, data visualization specialists and data scientists.
• Working with source data system owners, in most cases our EITS Delivery Management team, determine how to best source data for business analytics, considering current and future needs, infrastructure and security requirements, load frequencies, etc.
Data Engineer Job Family 2
• Working with business stakeholders, Data Visualization Specialists and/or Data Scientists, determine semantic data access requirements, design/develop data access layers and data transformation and aggregation logic; technologies include RDBMS, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, columnar databases, etc.
• Maintain metadata, data catalogue and data lineage information.
• Collaborate with data engineers and analytics and subject matter experts to identify useful and strategically relevant insights.
• Work closely with business users, vendors and delivery teams to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of business analytics and reporting solutions.
• Show strong team building and creative thinking skills, and a desire to “make a difference”.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter at email@example.com
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm