Kelly Services Gasifier Operations Technician (Panel and Floor) in Durham, North Carolina
Gasifier Operations Technician (Panel and Floor)
Kelly Engineering has a great Technician opportunity with a leading company in Durham NC!
This position is primarily responsible for being the panel operator for the industrial process equipment at pilot scale. This includes directing activities of Operator(s) based on system parameters, operation of plant control systems and computerized reporting systems, performing a variety of assigned tasks relating to operating and maintaining industrial process equipment, and collecting samples for analysis. Additional responsibilities may include general maintenance, assistance of others in diverse areas and other duties as assigned. Reports to Shift Lead/ Supervisor.
• Directs process operators in the day-to-day pilot plant operations
• Understands the operation of pilot-scale equipment and makes judgments to maintain safe and on-specification operation
• Strictly adheres to safety and reporting requirements
• Maintain a good relationship with customer or client through delivery of quality products
• Attends beginning- and end-of-shift briefings and write run summary reports
• Works with high pressure, high temperature industrial processes
• Performs repair of components including valves, piping, and electrical, hydraulic and mechanical machinery
• Performs assembly of related mechanical hardware
• Technical college diploma or equivalent plus 6 years of relevant experience in heavy industrial or large-pilot scale industrial process environment; or 10 years of relevant diverse industrial experience.
• Knowledge of industrial safety procedures
• Experienced with high pressure/high temperature industrial processes
• Experienced with safe operation in presence of hazardous or explosive gases
• Good working understanding of industrial chemical processes
• Comfortable in reading and interpreting standard industrial drawings and documentation (Piping & Instrumentation Drawings, Electrical Single Line Drawings, Wiring Drawings, blueprints, isometric drawings)
• Working knowledge of industrial equipment maintenance
Please apply now!
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm