Kelly Services ACCOUNTING CLERK - CHICAGO, IL in Chicago, Illinois
ACCOUNTING CLERK - CHICAGO, IL
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 3 years Billing, A/R and A/P experience who will take full ownership of the A/R and A/P process at a fast-paced Chicago branding agency. You must be an incredibly detail-oriented person with excellent organization, communication and follow through skills who has proactive problem solving capabilities and is self-motivated, patient and adaptable.
Candidate will be responsible for client invoicing, tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues, reviewing weekly aging reports and reviewing, processing and paying all vendor invoices. The candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principals and be proficient at MS Excel.
• Generate client invoices
• Conduct client account research & analysis of costs and billings
• Process client payments daily
• Send statements to clients
• Interact with clients and account managers to resolve outstanding issues
• Review & process all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation & approval for payment
• Produce vendor payments weekly
• Maintain vendor information, including W9’s and 1099 related information
• Reconcile vendor statements, research & correct discrepancies
• Produce scheduled and ad hoc weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
• Develop report analytics to assist agency forecasting.
• Bachelors degree (preferable in Accounting)
• Minimum 3 years service job billing, accounts receivable & accounts payable experience required
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail with consistent follow-through; proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines required
• Strong written and oral communication skills to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of agency staff and clients required
• A self-starter, highly responsive and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment
• Minimum 3 years Excel reporting including report creation, pivot tables & V-Lookups required
• Very fast data entry skills required
• Minimum 1 year collections experience
• Thorough understanding of journal entry, account reconciliation, and chart of accounts
• Proven ability to adapt easily to new technology
• Superior customer service orientation
• Mac experience preferred
• Payroll processing and 1099 preparation experience a plus
• Background in corporate accounting plus
Keywords: AP, A/P, Accounts Payable, AR, A/R, Accounts Receivable, Billing
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 finance and accounting hiring managers rely on us each year to access the best temporary and full-time talent: people like you.
Let us help advance your career today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm