Kelly Services Contracts/Outsourcing Process Lead - Cambridge, MA in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Contracts/Outsourcing Process Lead – Cambridge, MA
For a quicker response, please apply and also email all inquiries directly to: Regan.Brown@KellyIT.com .
PLEASE NOTE: Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship!
Maximum Pay Rate = Hourly W2
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Shift Days/Hours: Standard
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Contracts/Outsourcing Process Lead one of our top clients in Cambridge, MA.
As a Contracts/Outsourcing Process Lead placed with Kelly Services, you will be responsible for driving Pfizer’s contracts & outsourcing process, working with internal and external stakeholders, and for driving Pfizer’s contracts & outsourcing process, working with internal and external stakeholders!
The Outsourcing Lead (OL) role, reporting to the Outsourcing Group Lead (OGL), is responsible for driving Pfizer’s contracts & outsourcing process, working with internal and external stakeholders. The OL role is within the Sourcing Operations team, which is a division of Global Product Development. The OL will negotiate contracts that supports Pfizer’s portfolio of clinical studies. The OL is responsible for understanding the contracts & outsourcing process and following all process steps in order to ensure contractual compliance.
• Responsible for the preparation of Request for Proposals. Responsible for the preparation, negotiation and finalization/execution of full-service CRO Work Orders, 3rd party Vendor Services Agreements, Change Orders, Consultant Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Clinical Research Agreements and other types of ad-hoc agreements.
• Directly negotiate proposed changes to standard contract language within guidelines provided by the Legal Division; raise significant requested changes to standard contract language to the Legal Division and significant budget exceptions to the appropriate stakeholders for resolution.
• Learn and follow Pfizer Sourcing Operations processes and tools.
• Work independently and seek assistance when needed.
• Be available and responsive during business hours.
• Communicate concisely and frequently with customers and stakeholders to ensure they have current status of all projetcs; provide realistic expectations of the Pfizer contracting process.
• Provide expertise to study teams; be a problem solver.
• Collaborate with study teams to understand their contracting and outsourcing needs; gain an appropriate level of understanding of study requirements in order to meet contractual needs.
• Sourcing Operations
• Clinical Operations study teams
• External vendors and consultants
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA or BS degree and/or recognized amount of work experience (preferably in a related discipline). An advanced degree (MBA, JD, etc.), prior management responsibilities, and/or substantial work experience is preferential for the Director Level (P05).
• Clinical trials Sponsor experience, CRO operational and/or BD experience, or other trial related experience, including significant experience negotiating and drafting clinical trial-related agreements is required.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills and proficiency with MS Office applications (Word/PPT/Excel) required: experience with Ariba Contracts Workbench, Grants Manager and / or other industry cost and planning tools preferred.
• Prior Experience:
o Knowledge of the clinical development process; previous work history in clinical research and in negotiating and drafting of contracts.
o Experience working with, or in, CROs
o Understanding of contracting principles and applicable regulations governing clinical research.
o Demonstrated effective influencing, negotiating, interpersonal, leadership, and team player skills
o Customer focused and solution oriented.
o Excellent analytical and financial skills required. Self-starter, independent worker.
o Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
o Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
o Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
o Internal and external influencing abilities for expectation and timeline management
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center, including accredited courses to obtain IT certifications, as well as PDU-approved courses
Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Refer a friend!
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm