Kelly Services Test Engineer in Camarillo, California
Test Engineer, Camarillo, CA
As a Test Engineer you will develop custom and dynamic test fixtures, acceptance and qualification test procedures and reports, and verification of test results in support of new product development for aerospace applications.
Job Title : Test Engineer
Work Location : Camarillo, CA
Projected Duration : 10/02/2017- 01/01/2018, Depending on workload and performance
Shift : 8 hour days / 5 days a week
Pay Rate : $40 to $42 an hour, Dependent on Experience
Type : Contract
· Interpret test standards/procedures and product specification requirements to develop acceptance and qualification test procedures.
· Develop custom test procedures for non-standard tests.
· Prepare test reports and verify test data.
· Conduct qualification and engineering development testing, which involve mechanical, electrical, and environmental simulations.
· Coordinate resources, personnel, and outside resources to complete testing.
· Design, develop, and maintain test equipment to meet standard and non-standard test requirements.
· Enforce lab safety rules.
· Work with an integrated new product development team to achieve schedule, quality and cost goals for product launch.
· Perform root cause analysis in conjunction with the product engineering team to identify test or product non-conformances.
· Train production test technicians to Acceptance Test Procedures.
· Lead customer driven Test Readiness Reviews to demonstrate compliance to all product requirements.
· 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Able to interpret industry test standards (MIL, EIA, etc.)
· Hands on experiences with general test equipment (digital voltmeter, oscilloscope, power supply, measurement instruments, etc)
· Knowledge of basic engineering design principles and the ability to read blue prints.
· Team oriented - good attitude, able to clearly communicate technical matters with team
· Must not be color blind – this position required reading technical drawings and diagrams that are color coded.
· Must not be hearing impair – hearing is essential to detecting audible test cues from equipment
· Physical fitness - must be able lift 50 lbs (minimum) and climb on height of 3 feet (minimum)
· Have a minimum of 3-year experience in writing technical procedures and administering complex vibration and shock testing.
· Proficient in Solidworks modeling software and can generate engineering drawings for test fixture fabrication.
· Working knowledge of industry test standards (MIL, EIA, etc.) and deciphering their intents.
· Has designed custom dynamic fixtures for administering various operational and environmental product requirements.
· Has worked in the aerospace or military industry.
Please APPLY, if interested.
After applying to the position, follow up with me by email or phone, John Wisner, Kelly Services Engineering Recruiter, at 630.424.3622, email@example.com. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm